My turning point story

september 11 2022 

I'm Hayata Watanabe. I'm from Japan. Now I am living in San Diego. This is my Judo story. My turning point is that when I was 13 years old, I started to live in a sports dormitory for my sports. It means I have to do everything myself without making meals. My dormitory is very far from Jr school to my dormitory, so I take me an hour and a half to go to school by train.

This is Judo by https://i.pinimg.com/originals/8c/8b/29/8c8b29380d7973898ece78ea76a0213c.jpg

Why I joined to live the dormitory because I started to do Judo at two years old until twenty-two years old hence I wanted to be a great Judo player and
independent from parents. Every day I did Judo and training, so I have ever hung out with school friends while dormitory life. There were many rules and manners in the dormitory. It was so a hell of and hard schedule.

 

Every day was so hard, but especially there are two big happened in junior high school.

 

First when I was 13 years old’s summer that I was bullied during practice Judo by an upper-class student because I got an opportunity for training camp. It means, that the camp limits a few members. My coach says, “You can join training camp”. I was so happy, so I told my parents about the training camp. They were happy to hear that I can join the training camp. The subscribers do not know about my passion, and I hate losing that that is my identity, so I decide to stand against the bully, and I never lose to an upper-class student. I did training and mental training every day. Three months later I got more power in Judo skills, so my judo team member never bullies me. I learned “If I give up, end there”. I can explain about bully detail, but the subscriber’s jaw drops, so I should not explain it.

 

 

Second, when I was my last year of junior high school life spring, I got a big injury and was sick. When I did a competition, my arm broke, and my kidney bled. My personal doctor said,(You cannot hard work out for four months). Even though the big competitors is near. I thought I need to keep my motivation I felt nervous and full of anxious feeling, so after surgery. I try to step by step, so I worked hard on my arm rehabilitation and mental training. My team has a mental trainer and training trainer. I did what I was instructed to do. After for month, I got back to my work. I practice until next month the big competition. The competition day, I was so nervous because I was thinking “No wonder we beat them”. There are so many high school headhunting people in competing place, so I need to appeal to my chosen high school.

Finally, I got a win competition and a few school headhunting. I got relief from stress. As mentioned above, once again, I learned that if you give up, that’s where it ends.

 

 

After I graduated and I got strong mental and Judo skill confidence. It was a very tough life, but from the age of 13, I realized that this dormitory life experience made me stand out from other ages. Winning my tournament influenced my choice of high school too because I was able to enter the high school I wanted to enter. 


this is when I was for years old


Comments